Sync IT Learning
presents SP (SAFe Practitioner) Certification via the Scaled Agile (SAFe)
About the Course
This two-day course teaches teams who are part of an Agile program involving multiple teams i.e. an Agile Release Train (ART) how to work in an Agile environment using Scrum, Kanban, and XP. The teams will learn how to become Agile Teams, build their backlog, and plan and execute iterations. Agile teams learn about their ART and their role in it, planning, executing, and improving with other teams. This class prepares teams to run a Program Increment (PI), including all meetings at the Team and Program level with a specific focus on the upcoming PI planning.
Attending the class prepares participants to take the exam and become a certified SAFe®Practitioner (SP).
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- All stakeholders of an Agile Release Train at the beginning of its SAFe journey
About the SAFe Practitioner (SP) Certification
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Know your team and its role on the Agile Release Train
- Know all other teams on the train, their roles and the dependencies between the teams
- Plan iterations
- Execute iterations, demo value, and improve your process
- Plan Program Increments
- Integrate and work with other teams on the train
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework®(SAFe®)
- Building an Agile Team
- Planning the Iteration
- Executing the Iteration
- Executing the Program Increment
Regular price -$950.00
Early Bird price (sign up 15 days before the start of every batch) – $750.00
Group Discount – $700.00
If you sign up for our PMP ($995) and SP($950) training together, you can get a discounted price of $1645 ($300 off the combined cost of $1945)
Dates of Training:
Class timings: 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. PST
Location: Sync IT Learning
Office in Fremont
Address: 4580 Automall Pkway #121, Fremont, CA, 94538
Ext. 2 (855-522-6827) Ext. 2.
SAFe® Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe Practitioner certificate
- One-year certified membership as a SAFe Practitioner
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility for attendees to take the SAFe® Practitioner (SP) exam with certification exam administration and scoring
Renewals are from the date of certification
- Renewal fee: $100
- 10 continuing education/outreach hours
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 Continuing Education – Strategic PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I pay for the training?
You can pay for the training on our website after choosing your date and training
https://syncitlearning.com or if you prefer to pay by phone or personal check, please contact us at 510-779-9040
2. Is there something I can do to prepare for the workshop?
Familiarize yourself with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) if you have not done so already. A great resource to do so is the SAFe web-site at: http://scaledagileframework.com/.
3. What materials am I expected to bring to the workshop?
When you take any SAFe class with Sync IT Learning
, you will receive the course material from us. So, no need to bring anything besides your energetic self.
4. Do I earn PDUs or SEUs for taking this class?
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 PDUs for their continuing education requirements (category: B) with Project Management Institute for their PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
Additionally, attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 SEUs under Category C towards earning or renewing their CSP certification through Scrum Alliance.
5. Does this class qualify towards the contact hours needed as a prerequisite for taking the PMI-ACP certification?
PMI requires contact hours in Agile Practice and this class qualifies towards that. Please note however that this class is not designed to help you specifically prepare for the PMI-ACP certification, even though it counts towards meeting the prerequisite to apply for the test.
6. Does the training include the certification fee?
The Exam and Certification fee is included in the cost.
7. How soon can I take the exam?
Once you finish the workshop, your instructor sends you instructions on how to give the exam online. Typically, you can take the exam in a 10-day window upon completion of the class. The certification exam is open book and is not timed and has about 60 questions.
8. What are the pre-requisites for taking this training?
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SP certification exam.
- 1+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management, preferably in agile.
9. Is Food provided during the SAFe Workshop with Sync IT Learning
Yes – Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are provided with tea and coffee.
10. Who is the instructor for the SAFe SP Workshop with Sync IT Learning
Vishnu Singh is the workshop facilitator and the class instructor for this class. Vishnu has a rich depth of cross-functional experience with technology companies and has been scaling agile at some big name tech companies in the valley for over 15 years. Vishnu now consults as a Corporate trainer and an Agile Coach helping companies adopt a Lean-Agile mindset and helping teams reach their stride. You can reach Vishnu at firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Is the SP workshop fee refundable?
No, the fee is non-refundable because of the limited seating and we have to push the potential new enrollments away due to limited number of class. Once paid, the SP fee will not be refunded, if for any reason you cannot take the training.
12. If I paid for the SP workshop, can I take the class in another month or repeat the course again in another month?
No, your class cannot be transferred to a different month once enrolled on the same fee/enrollment.
13. How long is the certification valid?
The certification is valid for a year from the date of certification.
- Renewal Fee: $100
- 10 continuing education/outreach hours
14. Can SAFe class be taken online?
No, SAFe Practitioner Certification class can only be taken in-person at Sync IT Learning