SAFe® 4.0 Product Manager/Product Owner with PMPO Certification
Delivering customer value through effective execution and coordination of program increments in the enterprise
In this two-day course, you will learn how the roles of Product Manager, Product Owner, Solution Manager, and Epic Owner drive the delivery of value in the SAFe enterprise. You’ll get an overview of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), the Lean-Agile mindset, and an understanding of how the Product Manager and Product Owner roles operate in the enterprise to drive the delivery of value. Finally, you will get an in-depth understanding of the specific activities, tools, and mechanics used to effectively deliver value to the enterprise.
By the end of this course, you should be able to write Epics, Capabilities, Features, and User Stories within the context of SAFe, and have a solid foundation for managing backlogs and programs in a Lean-Agile enterprise.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
Associated Certification: SAFe PMPO
After this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the major components of the Scaled Agile Framework
- Connect the Scaled Agile Framework to core Lean-Agile principles and values
- Identify key roles and responsibilities within a SAFe implementation
- Contribute to Portfolio content using epics and the Portfolio kanban
- Apply Value Stream strategies to define and manage solution value
- Engage in Product Manager strategies
- Operate as a SAFe Product Owner
- Develop a stakeholder engagement plan
- Build and grow communities of practice
- SAFe 4.0 PM/PO Introduction
- Embracing the Lean-Agile mindset
- Exploring Product Manager and Product Owner roles
- Contributing to Portfolio content
- Defining and managing solution value
- Being an effective SAFe Product Manager
- Being an effective SAFe Product Owner
- Engaging stakeholders
- Building your Communities of Practice
One or more of the following prerequisites are recommended for students planning to attend this course and take the PMPO certification exam:
- Leading SAFe® 4.0
- Leading SAFe® Live Lessons 4.0
- SAFe experience
Regular price -$995.00
Early Bird price (sign up 15 days before the start of every batch) – $795.00
Group Discount – $750.00
Class timings: 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. PST (Classroom doors are open from 8:30 A.M. PST)
Address: 39465 Paseo Padre Parkway, Suite 2400, Fremont CA-94538
Dates of Training:
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Product Manager/Product Owner (PMPO).
SAFe® Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe PM/PO certificate
- One-year certified membership as a SAFe PM/PO
- A SAFe PM/PO branding kit with the PMPO certification mark
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe PM/PO exam
- One-year membership to Scaled Agile, with access to members-only resources such as webinars, workbooks, guidance presentations, and advance notice of upcoming SAFe products
- SAFe PM/PO (PMPO) attendance certificate upon request
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 Continuing Education – Strategic PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I pay for the training?
You can pay for the training on our website after choosing your date and training or if you prefer to pay by phone or personal check, please contact us at 510-779-9040
2. Is there something I can do to prepare for the workshop?
Familiarize yourself with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) if you have not done so already. A great resource to do so is the SAFe web-site at: http://scaledagileframework.
3. What materials am I expected to bring to the workshop?
When you take any SAFe class with Sync IT Learning, you will receive the course material from us. So, no need to bring anything besides your energetic self.
4. Do I earn PDUs or SEUs for taking this class?
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 PDUs for their continuing education requirements (category: B) with Project Management Institute for their PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
Additionally, attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 SEUs under Category C towards earning or renewing their CSP certification through Scrum Alliance.
5. Does this class qualify towards the contact hours needed as a prerequisite for taking the PMI-ACP certification?
PMI requires contact hours in Agile Practice and this class qualifies towards that. Please note however that this class is not designed to help you specifically prepare for the PMI-ACP certification, even though it counts towards meeting the prerequisite to apply for the test.
6. Does the training include the certification fee?
The Exam and Certification fee is included in the cost.
7. Is Food provided during the SAFe PMPO Workshop with Sync IT Learning?
Yes – Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are provided with tea and coffee.
8. Who is the instructor for the SAFe PMPO Workshop with Sync IT Learning?
Vishnu Singh is the workshop facilitator and the class instructor for this class. Vishnu has a rich depth of cross-functional experience with technology companies and has been scaling agile at some big name tech companies in the valley for over 15 years.Vishnu now consults as a Corporate trainer and an Agile Coach helping companies adopt a Lean-Agile mindset and helping teams reach their stride. You can reach Vishnu at email@example.com
9. Is the SAFe PMPO workshop fee refundable?
No, the fee is non-refundable because of the limited seating and we have to push the potential new enrollments away due to limited number of class. Once paid, the SAFe PMPO fee will not be refunded, if for any reason you cannot take the training.
10. If I paid for the SAFe PMPO workshop, can I take the class in another month or repeat the course again in another month?
No, your class cannot be transferred to a different month once enrolled on the same fee/enrollment.
11. How long is the certification valid?
The certification is valid for a year from the date of certification and can be renewed by:
- $100 renewal fee and 10 hours of continuing education / outreach.
12. Can the Leading SAFe class be taken online?
No, SAFe PMPO Certification class can only be taken in-person at Sync IT Learning.