In this two-day course, you’ll gain an understanding of the role of Scrum Master in an enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses only on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, this SSM course additionally explores the role of Scrum in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares you to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of scaled Agile development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute iteration planning. You’ll also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value that is achievable through the Scaled Agile Framework. The SSM certification signifies that in addition to basic Team level Scrum, you are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing your value to teams and organizations.
The class is taught by Vishnu Singh and his instructional style is very interactive. There will be many exercises and group activities in the class. In this course you will:
- Identify the key components of Agile development
- Identify the key elements of Scrum
- Also explore Scrum in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Scrum Master
- Identify the characteristics of an effective Scrum Master
- Experience PI planning and explore how to facilitate this event
- Experience a complete iteration
- Explore how to facilitate iteration planning, backlog refinement, team and system demos, and the iteration retrospective
- Identify ways to track iteration progress and foster collaboration and synchronization between the teams in the program
- Explore improvement at the Program level with the Inspect and Adapt workshop
- Identify the characteristics of a servant leader
- Experience coaching with powerful questions
- Identify ways to facilitate better meetings, foster team member collaboration, and manage conflicts
After this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate credibility as a trained Scrum Master in an Agile organization
- Perform the role of the Scrum Master in SAFe in addition to basic Team level Scrum
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Iteration Planning and effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Build high performing teams by becoming a servant leader and coach
Intended for people new to the role of the Scrum Master, or people wanting to better understand the role and how it fits in a SAFe enterprise. There are no prerequisites to take this course. All stakeholders working in a Lean-Agile environment or transformation are welcome to attend, attendees typically include:
- New or existing Scrum Masters
- Team Leads
- Release Train Engineers
- Program Managers
Dates of the upcoming batch:
Class timings: 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (Class room doors are open from 8:30 A.M.)
Location: Sync IT Learning Fremont, CA
Address: 39465 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Ste 2800, Fremont, CA – 94538
Regular price: $995.00
Early Bird price: (sign up 15 days before the start of every batch) – $795.00
Please call for group discounts when registering 5 more students together.
If you sign up for our SSM ($995) and SA ($1000) training together, you can get a discounted price of $1695 ($300 off the combined cost of $1995)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Which class is better choice CSM or SSM?
SSM certified SAFe Scrum Master class prepares you to understand the Scrum Master role in an Agile organization, teaches the basics of Team level Scrum and in addition teaches you about the Scaled Agile Framework, and building high performing teams and servant leadership. We believe the SSM certification is better value as you learn a lot more.
2. How do I pay for the training?
You can pay for the training on our website by clicking here, if you have questions please contact us at 855-5 Sync IT Ext. 2 (855-522-6827) Ext. 2.
3. Is there something I can do to prepare for the workshop?
There is no pre-requisite for the workshop and you are not expected to do any pre-work. If you do wish to however, you can familiarize yourself with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). A great resource to do so is the SAFe web-site at: http://scaledagileframework.com/.
4. What materials am I expected to bring to the workshop?
When you take any SAFe class with Sync IT Learning, you will receive the course material from us. So, no need to bring anything besides your energetic self.
5. Do I earn PDUs or SEUs for taking this class?
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 PDUs for their continuing education requirements (category: B) with Project Management Institute for their PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
Additionally, attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 SEUs under Category C towards earning or renewing their CSP certification through Scrum Alliance.
6. Does this class qualify towards the contact hours needed as a prerequisite for taking the PMI-ACP certification?
PMI requires contact hours in Agile Practice and this class qualifies towards that. Please note however that this class is not designed to help you specifically prepare for the PMI-ACP certification, even though it counts towards meeting the prerequisite to apply for the test.
7. Do I have to pay extra for the certification fee?
One time Exam and Certification fee is included in the cost.
8. How soon can I take the exam?
An on-line link shall be sent to you typically in 24 hours after successful completion of the workshop.
9. What are the pre-requisites for taking this training?
There are no prerequisites to take this course. All stakeholders working in a Lean-Agile environment or transformation are welcome to attend.
10. Is Food provided during the SAFe Workshop with Sync IT Learning?
Yes – Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are provided with tea and coffee.
11. Who is the instructor for the SAFe ASM Workshop with Sync IT Learning?
Vishnu Singh is the workshop facilitator and the class instructor for this class. Vishnu has a rich depth of cross-functional experience with technology companies and has been scaling agile at some big name tech companies in the valley for over 15 years.Vishnu now consults as a Corporate trainer and an Agile Coach helping companies adopt a Lean-Agile mindset and helping teams reach their stride. You can reach Vishnu at email@example.com
12. Is the SSM workshop fee refundable?
No, the fee is non-refundable. Once paid, the SSM fee will not be refunded, if for any reason you cannot take the training.
13. Where can I look up this class?
For more information about the SSM class visit http://www.scaledagile.com/scrum-master/
14. Can SAFe class be taken online?
No, SAFe Certification class can only be taken in-person at Sync IT Learning.